It's high time these bad boys were shared with the world - quite frankly it's a culinary crime that I've kept them to myself this long! I love to make these obscenely garlicky, heavy on the seasoning, and consider all rules of 'protein portioning' out the window i.e. eat all 6 and I won't judge you!
- 5-6 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- large pinch of sea salt flakes / freshly ground sea salt
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- optional: pinch of cayenne pepper
- Peel and mince the garlic and combine with all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Toss the chicken drumsticks in the mix, ensuring a good coating all over, getting all the good garlicy bits under the skin.
- Leave in the fridge to marinate for a few hours if possible (still delicious if not).
- Preheat the oven to 220C (200C fan).
- Place the drumsticks on a baking tray, or if possible, on a wrack in the tray. (TIP: use a pastry brush to coat the chicken with even more of the gooey garlic from the marinade.)
- Bake in the oven for approximately 40-45 minutes, until cooked through. A couple of times during cooking, use the pastry brush to baste the chicken with the juices from the pan (not the mixing bowl).
- If the skin fails to crisp up, place under the grill/broiler for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with a nice crisp salad or some roasted greens.