Who doesn't love a good crumble? Baking and deserts have never really been my forte, but a crumble is just so easy, you can count me in! This blueberry, strawberry and apple coconut crumble is super easy, has no dairy, no gluten, no refined sugars - just wholesome goodness. I love to serve it up with some coconut ice cream or eat it cold the next day!
- 2 cups blueberries (frozen or not) *
- 1 cup strawberries *
- 1 cup blackberries *
- 3 large apples, peeled and sliced into 1/4s and then 1/4d again. (16 pieces slices per apple)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup coconut water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
* Feel free to use any combination of berries to a total of 2 cups.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (shredded / desiccated)
- 1.5 cups rolled whole oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- For the crumble topping, first melt the coconut oil with the maple syrup gently on the hob (low heat). Mix all other ingredients together in a large bowl then pour in the melted coconut syrup and mix well.
- In a separate saucepan add all the fruit, maple syrup (if using), cinnamon, water and coconut water. Simmer with the lid on for about 5 minutes then add the chia seeds and allow to simmer covered, for a further 5-10 minutes until the fruit is nicely softened and the mixture is still quite juicy.
- Pour the berry and apple mixture into your baking dish, spoon the crumble topping carefully on top and then bake in the over for approximately 20-25 minutes, until nicely browned.